Sunday, July 24, 2011

Action Research Week 2

This week I opened my eyes to many new areas that could possibly be researched. I like to focus on the area of technology but I had not realized how many other areas I could research if I were to become a principal. I like this idea of action research for my class as well. This is often what we ask our students to do any ways; so why wouldn’t we as educators use this same method. Often I allow students to choose areas to research that they find important and relevant. They often learn more about this area then they ever would if I told them about it, made them take notes about it, or had them do a worksheet over. We as educators will do the same. If we are researching areas that are relevant to our classroom, our school, or our beliefs in curriculum, we will put it to work more efficiently because it is relevant to us. So this week I was able to see many areas that I as an educator would like to improve within our school or classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you in terms of the number of topics there are to choose from for research inquiry. I even found myself considering changing my topic because there were so many that appealed to me. It is almost overwhelming to think of all of the areas of concern for a principal.

    ReplyDelete